"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homemade Personal / Business Cards

I have been very blessed to be sewing for other people lately doing odd jobs like alterations, curtains for a classroom at our church and even making a few skirts for a friend.

I received a phone call about two weeks ago from a friends friend telling me that her friend gave her my number and told her that I made curtains.

Now I do make curtains. But they have always been for myself or some one close to me. Never for some one I have never met before. The idea was exciting and intimidating all at the same time. To make a long story short I took on the challenge and am enjoying the process of making custom curtains.

The other day when I brought some of the curtains to the woman's house to fit them she mentioned to me that she has a few other friends interested in having me make curtains for them as well!! She asked if I had a business card I could give her to pass on to them....I didn't.

So I decided when I got home that I would make my own personal/business cards.
Now I don't have my own "business" so I got a little creative with my cards.

...and here they are!




I am really happy with how they turned out!

I included my name, email address, phone number, blog address and etsy address.
The name of my blog and etsy are different so I didn't want to necessarily give myself a "business" name, so I simply put my name at the top instead.



To make these I simply used the Pages application on my husbands Mac - they have templates for business cards. I typed in the info I wanted and played with the size and font just a bit till I was happy with it.

Next I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and picked up some textured card stock. I went with blue and yellow as you can see. I love how bright the colors are!

While walking every aisle in the store (seriously is it even possible to go into hobby lobby and not look at just about everything!!! Not for me!), I came across their stamp sets. I thought a stamp would add a really nice and unique hand made touch to the cards.

They had several really cute stamps. Some with basic scollish (is that a word? I don't think so...) designs, some with cute owls on them, pretty much any design you could want.

Finally I spotted this stamp...


And I instantly LOVED it! It is simple but very pretty and even gets across the basic "message" I wanted my cards to send!

I think this stamp was only like $4 or something like that...not bad at all!

So I went home, printed off my cards, cut them apart, and stamped them all.

I LOVE the way they turned out! They are simple, provide all the info I would want some one to have, and even have that special homemade feel to them :-)

The best part is that it only cost me $8 to make 40 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...