"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Taking Time To Be Still...

Easter week this year was wonderful! Crazy busy...but wonderful!

It started out with Chad and I attending a Passover Seder that was held at our church on Thursday. I have never participated in a Seder before but I do have to say it was really great! I loved learning the history behind the passover meal and how Jesus used it to illustrate that He was fulfilling prophecy. It definitely gave a new meaning and understanding to the Lord's supper and it's significance.

On Saturday our church hosted an Easter in the Park. It was the largest easter egg hunt in our church's history. We had originally planned for 300-500 people. We ended up having somewhere around 750-900 people! What an amazing blessing!

Next Saturday night was spent finishing up our newly renovated church nursery (WOO-HOO!)...and I do have to say it looks spectacular.

Sunday morning we had a wonderful church service with our church family and then spent lunch with some wonderful friends.

As soon as lunch was done we came home and crashed...for about 4 hours! We were all very exhausted!

We ended our wonderful Easter weekend with a family trip to the park that evening.




My sweet little Jack...he loves the swings!






Daddy and Jack. There is nothing sweeter than a boy and his daddy :-)






Jack and Mommy feeding the ducks.

It was so peaceful getting to spend this time with my family. We walked around the pond and let Jack try to feed the ducks. It felt like the whole world just slowed down. It was so refreshing! And a wonderful time to reflect upon the week and what it was all really about together as a family.

I find that our life can become so full and crowded by our daily schedules that we forget to stop and take the time to truly reflect upon what we are running around and fussing over. Our week was so busy and hectic that I can honestly say, that I found it difficult to keep at the forefront of my mind, what all this was truly for. Sad isn't it...how easily we can become so engrossed in stuffing easter eggs and making easter outfits that we neglect the amazing and glorious reason we celebrate Easter. A Risen Savior.

Sometimes we just need to take the time to be still.










...Stay tuned later this week for a tutorial on the classic Baseball Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...