"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pennant Banner for Jack's Room

I have been seeing pennant banners all over the internet lately. I would have never thought to make one to hang in my son's room but after seeing the one's made of fabric I knew I had to make one!

When I found out I was pregnant with Jack, my mom and I decided to make his bedding for his crib and his curtains. So we went to the store and picked out the fabric. We bought the recommended amount on the pattern for the bedding, and then a little extra for the curtains. Well...even after making the bedding and curtains, I had enough left over to make a Boppy cover, a lamp shade cover, and two changing pad covers. Even after all that I still had a bit of fabric left in each print!

I have been hanging on to the last remnants of that fabric trying to think of what to use it for (I hate to waste!)...turns out a pennant banner is just the thing to use up the remaining tidbits of fabric!

Like I said in an earlier post, our main computer can not hook up to the internet so I have to wait for hubby to bring his laptop home in order to do any surfing.

However...I just couldn't wait till he got home to look up a tutorial on line on how to make a pennant banner...

so I just decided to wing it...



...and I am so happy with the way it turned out!!!
Now I probably did it the hard way so I won't put my own tutorial up...but here are a few I did find on line later: here, here (I love this one), and here, that you can check out and try for yourself :-)
(...wishing I would have had these tutorials on hand when I was making mine!)

You can also use this same concept and make a banner out of scrapbook paper (see here, and here for a tutorial). This one made out of a recycled newspaper is also really cool!

Go on! You know you want to give it a try!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...