"For I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in You...You make it Beautiful Somehow"

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time For A LITTLE Girly Moment

There are so many adorable ideas out there for craft and sewing projects for little girls! However, since I don't have a little girl of my own there wouldn't be any point in trying them out right now.

But since these projects I have been seeing lately are so stinkin adorable and I don't want to just wait till I have a little girl of my own...

I have decided to start trying them any way...and give them to my wonderful girl friends who do have little girls. Remember the summer dress and the little blue dress...proof that I just can't wait any more!

So when my good friend's little girl Zoe turned 1 I jumped at the chance to make something a little more girly!

I have been very much in a quiet book making mood that I decided to make a more girly version of it for Zoe. :-)

So here it is...Zoe's Quiet Book...done the girly way...


PAGE ONE...
...lift up the flowers to see..

Mommy, Daddy, and Zoe looking at me!

PAGE TWO...
....lets fly...

...up...up...up...to the the pretty sunflower!

PAGE THREE...
....hello again to our barnyard friends!

PAGE FOUR...

...pick the apples one by one and count them as you put them in the basket. Do you have enough to make a bushel??

PAGE FIVE...
... untie the ribbon to revel...

Clothes! Time to play dress up :-)

When you are done put your clothes away and practice tying the ribbon!
PAGE SIX...
....Do you know how to spell your name?


That's right...Z...O...E! Button the letters on as you say each of their names :-)

FRONT AND BACK...


Once again I got a ton of ideas and inspiration for this quiet book from Homemade By Jill's blog...here and here is where you can get some more ideas from her...plus templates!

It was so fun to get into the girly groove for a little bit...now back to thinking up some new pages for my little man's book :-)

The pages and covers are made of cotton fabric and all of the details are made out of felt. Plus a couple of buttons, velcro, and ribbon. For the photos on the flowers I simply printed them out on my computer, cut them to fit, and modge podged them on to the felt. I am hoping they hold up okay. If I do something with pictures or paper again I think I am going to laminate them and hot glue them down.

Have fun creating your own girly version of a quiet book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...